Tuesday, September 14, 2010

It's probably for the best...

... that they don't sell Chef Boyardee or Chunky Soup or Pizza Pockets or freezer casseroles or Fudgesicles here. (um, Demolition man, anyone? Is Holland really San Angeles and does less-than-healthy=illegal? Because who DOESN'T like these products?)

I mourn them, but it probably is for the best that I can't get my hands on these brilliant, super-handy ready-to-eat meals (or fudgesicles). I mean really; if I had easy access to those things, I would never actually cook. I would live out of my cupboard and microwave and while I'm sure my calorie count would be high enough each day, I don't think my vitamin/nutrient count would be. And then I'd have to take prenatal vitamins. And since I can't even swallow relatively small gel caps, I'd throw up. (But seriously, have you seen the size of most prenatal vitamins? If you haven't, you should go to the drugstore right now and look at the 'actual size' depiction on one of the boxes. I can't believe anyone can swallow them.) And then even the sweet Chef Boyardee goodness would go to waste. So, for the baby, it really is for the best that we live in Holland where they don't have ANY good ready-to-eat meals OR FUDGESICLES (really, people, how has this nation survived so long?!) and I am forced to actually cook.

Note: when I go 'home' for Christmas, in addition to standard festive overeating, I am so totally going to buy myself a couple of boxes of fudgesicles and pizza pockets and eat them all. I will then fill my suitcase with Beefaroni, Chunky Soup, and Campbell's soup until I am within a mg of the luggage limit, and cry a little that the frozen goods wouldn't make it back. It might be for the best that they don't sell those things here but I don't have to like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment