Sunday, October 17, 2010

Crying a little bit...

It's SO unfair.

I have been scouring the internet for weeks looking for the best deals on baby stuff (further to the 'Oh my god baby stuff is expensive' epiphany). So today, on Marktplaats - kind of like an online PennySaver - I found the stroller that I've been wanting to buy but holding off on because I'm still hoping to find it cheaper somewhere else. Note: it IS cheaper somewhere else - EVERYWHERE outside of mainland Europe. Boo. Anyway, as I was saying, today I found it on Marktplaats.

The stroller - Mountain Buggy Swift 2010 Chilli
The Mountain Buggy Swift, Chilli (red), used 3 times and including a bunch of extras, for €209 LESS than it costs in the stores without the extras. Obviously, I immediately emailed the guy selling it.

And five minutes later, he replied: "Someone just picked it up 5 minutes ago. Sorry and good luck."
SO UNFAIR. The (polite) bastard sold MY stroller while I was trying to buy it from him. How dare he?!

So I'm crying a little bit. And considering buying it new in England. If I buy enough stuff, eventually the exchange rate will work to save me that same €209... Why is everything more expensive in euros?

No comments:

Post a Comment