Sunday, October 31, 2010

Ordering online like I have unlimited credit

While I understand that some people are show-offs gung-ho on the ball with this whole baby preparation stuff and some of us are a bit more lazy lackadaisical... relaxed about it, I thought, seeing as I don't actually have a baby yet that I wasn't too far behind.

How wrong I was.

I finally decided to order the stroller (below) because until the end of October, they'll throw in a car seat and diaper bag. And do you know when it said it would be delivered? The first week of January.

Now, as those of you who read my bio (right) know, I am due in February. And while TECHNICALLY this means that the stroller will be delivered six weeks before the squirming baby inside me is due to climb out, I consider January to be a bit last minute. <Enter panic, stage right>

See, the stroller was just the beginning. I figured that would be the hardest decision. But we still need furniture and all kinds of stuff! And if none of it can be delivered until January, well shit, I'd better at least stop putting it off and damned well order it! <And so a lifetime of procrastination comes back to bite me in the ass.>

So I've been shopping online like my life depended on it. Totally for the baby. Who really better not arrive too early.

No comments:

Post a Comment